We tried to arouse them by singing every rendition of Happy Birthday we could think of, but to no avail. So, I used a trick I picked up from my mom, I gave them a few refreshing squirts from the spray bottle.
It was as if they could feel it wasn't a regular birthday, but more of a Fast Sunday Birthday. We tried to soften the blow with a few presents.
New church pants? said Garrett.
New church shoes? said Wyatt.
And did I mention it's fast Sunday? I said.
And did I mention it's fast Sunday? I said.
(Try making 2 cakes and blowing up 20 balloons when you're fasting, btw).
Since the twins are growing up we did things a little bit differently this year. For instance, we left all the tags on their presents so they could see how much we really love them.
And I did something I swore I would never do. I used a trick I picked up from Alan's mom and wrapped their presents in Food Land bags.
And, I didn't really make the cakes. I figure they're old enough now to make their own cakes, so after dinner Tatum taught them how.
At dinner we went around the table and told the twins all the things we love about them. It went on and on and on. There are so many things to love about them. Then we told them the story of their amazing birth and looked at their baby pictures. But I'll save that for my next post.

5 comments:
dvbrjqI got teary eyed on this post. I wish I could have been there thanks for sharing all the pictures. Happy birthday Guys. You are miracles for sure. Love you all Grandma Sheila
Happy bday bradas!!! We miss you guys and its only been over a month since weve seen you. It looks like you like Powerade???? :) We wish we could have been there to have some of your bday cake! Love you guys
Jer
Jer and Bobbi,
We miss you guys too. We saw so many pictures of you with the twins at birthday parties when we were looking through their albums. Such great memories. It made me sooooo happy/sad. Thanks for all the effort you guys have put into staying close to us.
We love you guys!
Happy birthday boys. Cant believe they are 10. Wow. We had a great time the two days we were with you guys at island park. We miss you guys so much.
Heather and Kyle
I remember coming to your house by Sam's store 10 years ago and seeing those little guys with hoses up their noses. Tatum was running around and she wasn't even 4 yet. Zach was 2. I couldn't imagine how you were able to take care of those little babies. Now they are smashing overheads in tennis and shooting goals in soccer. It's amazing.
Post a Comment