This Saturday was particularly pleasurable because the kids started their tennis season too. Today was the twins first match of their life and I could hardly keep my heart in my chest it was so swollen up with pride. How can I explain how cute they were?
Even the photos can't quite capture it:
It was just so weird to see my babies out there officially smacking that ball around and keeping score. They were so good at it, it almost amazed me.
Garrett played 2nd singles in the 2.5 division and won 8-4. Wyatt played 1st doubles in the 2.5 division and lost in a tie breaker 7-8
Zach played 1st doubles in the 3.0 division and won 8-4.
Tatum played 1st singles and won 8-0. She was outstanding.
(Here's a shout out to our awesome coach and neighbor and follower of this blog, Martha!)
Our schedule today was as fragile as a house of cards. We had to stack 4 tennis matches and 3 soccer games on top of each other just so. This is how we started out.
(We pulled the day off without a hitch, (except, just between you and me, I took a few wrong turns trying to get to Costco to buy pizza for Tatum's team snack, but shhhh. . . there's a certain someone in my family who doesn't know about that).
I got to watch Tatum and Zach play and win their soccer games, and Alan got to watch the twins play and win their game. (Hence no photos of the twins).
In other news: On the movie front, Alan and I saw Ghost Town last night. It was a definite thumbs up. Quite funny in a quirky sort of way, but I will probably be blogging about that on my Crash Test Dummy sight soon, so I'll abstain for now.
And Zach has been working hard on his science project. We were inspired with the idea after Tatum's soccer coach gave her a water vs. Coke study that claimed Coke will eat through a bone and nail in 4 days. Well, don't believe everything you read because it ain't true folks. Classic, Diet, Cherry, Vanilla, Zero, Plus . . . Not a one of them do more than rust the tip.
And for those of you who read my CTD post last week, here's my new computer chair. My back is much happier).

4 comments:
Excellent! You know your getting too busy when you have to split up to get it done! -Eric
You have become quite the sports lover. Here I thought it was Alan pumping those kids up. So how can I get Perry to get on the "I love soccer and tennis Saturdays" bandwagon? He says I've overextending myself. I say that's why I need your help.
When do you ever go to the beach? Games all day long! Now we need to get Alan taking pictures and all will be well. Cant wait till I can watch them all play there sports someday. Good job guys!
Jer
Debbie, you are the coolest mom. I can totally hear your voice as I read through your blogs and I totally feel your emotions. I am so thankful for the opportunity I have to know you as a sister and a friend. I really enjoy working with you and I look forward to more good times ahead.
Love,
Siana
Post a Comment