Zach comes home and instead of me pestering him about his homework he pesters me.
Isn't that my job?
"Mom, set the timer I'm going to do my times tables."
"Mom what does acquaintance mean?"
"Mom, read these three pages of questions for me so I can review for my test. C'mom Mom, I'm ready!
"Mom! Mom! Mom! Again mom."
But you have it memorized word for word.
"Again mom!"
But . . .
(This is an unfinished draft I found in the post edit feed. I have no idea how I intended to finish it, but it's a pretty impressive reflection on Zach's conscientiousness, so I am publishing it as is. It made me think about when he was in middle school and I had to pick him up every day and rush him to Varsity basketball practice at the high school. He would call or text me a few times each day to remind me how important it was that I was on time.so he could be on time. Once I was late, and he had to run ladders until he threw up. It still makes me cringe to think that he had to pay for my mistake. He must have been so stressed all the time.)

No comments:
Post a Comment