Friday, September 19, 2008

That's Pretty Much Our Week

This week the Beehives learned beauty secrets. I only know this because I was asked to teach them the secret of inner beauty, (probably because I was always that girl with the nice personality. You know that girl.)

This week Zach taught himself his first song on the trombone by watching Youtube videos, so we've heard every (and I do mean every) rendition of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. He also figured out that the trombone, when manipulated correctly, sounds an awful lot like f-a-r-t-i-n-g. He's been cracking himself up right and left.

Zach was also asked out on a date. Yes, by a girl. An eighth-grade girl. A stupid  eighth-grade girl, according to him. We've probably only got another year before he drops stupid as a modifier for girls and I'm clinging to every second of it. 

I'm also clinging to every second of the twins boyhood. I love love love that they still get a kick out of Gak and Goo and those retractable sticky hands.

Please don't let this feeling end . . . It might not come again . . . (Someone should write a song like that).

That's pretty much our week, plus a bit of extra emotion over 9/11.



(P.S. 15 years later self here: That kid on the left is Alohi Gilman. He became a professional football player for the San Diego Chargers.)


No comments: