Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Everything Comes Down to Poo

Just as I'm snapping out of my mid-life boredom, AKA, PSFFRB (post super fun family reunion boredom) Garrett starts displaying symptoms of it. I began suspecting it when I found him up at 7:30 am writing sentences that aren't due until Wednesday.

He came out with it just as we were getting ready to go to the pool.

"I'm BORED! I want to go 4-wheeling! I want to buy a 4-wheeler right now!"

We chuckled, but he was serious. "It's not funny! I want to go to town and buy a 4-wheeler!"

"We're going swimming. That will be fun," said Alan in his motivational speaker voice.
..
"Swimming? That's BORING! I want to go to town and buy a 4-wheeler."

So Alan gave him the let's-start-planning-and-saving speech and threw out a target date of a year.

"I have to save for a WHOLE yeeeeeear!?? That's POO!!!"

Check the poo flashback. Are my kids the only ones that use that superlative to express their discontent? Tatum has been using it on a regular basis. "My hair looks like Poo!" or "This peanut butter tastes like poo!"  

I feel like my kids need some perspective. 

Tatum recently cashed her $83.00 History Day winnings to take shopping. She put it in her wallet, which she put in her purse, which she put in the car, which we took to the mall. She forgot to take it into the mall and when she went back to get it, it was gone. All that hard earned cash. 

Now that's poo!

And Zach received a letter from the National History Day expressing their deepest embarrassment and regret to inform us that they made a mistake on the amount of Zach's prize money. He really only won $500. One extra zero. Sometimes a zero is nothing and sometimes it's everything. Zach took it hard, as you can imagine. Afterall, he lost $4,500. 

Now THAT's poo!

No comments: