Sunday, August 31, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again

The soccer saddle, anyway.

We began our Saturday with an early morning soccer fundraiser for Tatum's MYSO team, not to be confused with her AYSO team.




Then it was off to Kapolei, an hour drive away, to watch Zach's game.

Note: Sometimes on long drives we like to amuse ourselves by plugging random destinations into our GPS and listening to it mispronounce all the Hawaiian street names. We also like to hear it say, you are off course. (Wouldn't it be cool if someone created a GPS that would notify you when you're off course in your life? I'm going to add that to my good ideas list along with a beeper for the T.V remote control and mascara containing super glue.)

When we arrived, the game was almost in media res--that's literary-speak for nearly half-time. (I really hate it when things start on time because then it makes me look tardy.)

Oddly, someone has pulled the spark plugs on Zach's team this year. Or maybe they just haven't hit their stride yet. Even though they went into the 4th quarter trailing 5-1 and came out with a 7-5 victory, it was a ho-hum game.






Any suggestions for a caption? I was thinking "Boom Chica Boom!"


After the game it was off to Costco where we worked up a sweat dodging carts to each sample station and we drop kicked 68 bucks at the gas pump.

I was so worn out I dozed off on our way to Tatum's game and awoke with a raging Mt. Dew addiction flashback that I couldn't shake. The heat didn't help. It was soooo hot three of the players burst into flames on the field.

(oops, I just remembered that I swore to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth on this blog. Okay, they didn't actually burst into flames, but their uniforms do have flames on them so it's only a small stretch). And, figuratively speaking, the girls were smokin' up the field. These girls aren't afraid to break a nail, (or a nose). The final score was 0-0, but what an exciting zero to zero it was!

Here's a peek:

(Notice Tatum's tongue in the first shot. She is so related to me).









1 comment:

The Framptons said...

Holy soccer batman!! You guys are quite the soccer family. Thank goodness its Alans favorite sport! :)