Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Photo Nutshell

Don't even say it! I can tell what you're thinking by the look on your face. You think that now since I've sworn to talk about the kids and nothing but the kids on this so-called family blog, I have nothing to say, right?

Come on, you know me better than that. I always have something to say.

It just so happens that I started teaching again on Wednesday night, which means that I'm wearing make-up again, and my favorite corky wedges. I have two classes and 44 new people from all over the world in my life. Because I don't hang out at my office much, I tell them they're welcome to contact me anytime, but they rarely do. Until this semester. I've already received 4 calls, 10 emails and 2 texts.

Plus, the kids icee business is booming so when they're not around to serve the customers I only get to sit down and write in 2 minute intervals. Not complaining though since the money they're earning will get us back home to see our family again next summer.

To top it all off, the kids were out of school on Friday, which is not unusual here in Hawaii, so we've been partying, which is also not unusual here in Hawaii. (Just perpetuating the stereotype there--we honestly only party on rare occasions because we're very busy stressing out about life).

The partying consisted of the boys inviting a few friends to sleep over. (Tatum will be noticably absent from the pictures)

Here they are at 8pm.

Here they are at 10pm.

Here they are at 11pm

Here they are at 7am

And here is Zach from 9am-3pm.

And now for Tatum:

She got to indulge herself in a book.

And in her art.


Don't you just love her suns?

She draws the coolest suns.


Wyatt spent some time catching skinks.




And making cookies to sell with the icees.



And Garrett, who is still suffering from Olympic Fever, spent a lot of time doing roundoffs in the living room.



Until our cute neighbors came over to play and said "let's read!" (What great friends!)


The reading was a highlight of the day!


(Okay, I admit, this photo was staged. These two didn't read at all.)

And that, my friends, was our day off in a photo nutshell.

No comments: