Monday, August 25, 2008

The Guilt

If there's one thing I feel guilty about, it's refusing to get my boys a dog.

They've been begging and pleading for a dog for years, but our yard is the size of a postage stamp and our neighbors are an arms length away in all directions.

We're justified, right? Right.

But there are moments when I waver. Like when I get on the computer and find an open Craig's list window of puppies for sale. That gets to me. Or the time when Zach gave me an ultimatum, "Either we get a baby or we get a dog!" That gets to me too. Or like yesterday, when the twins came rushing in the house out of breath and tripping over their words because they found two lost puppies.

I admit I was melting. I mean, is there anything cuter than little boys and little dogs?

But what really got me, was Wyatt coming home from school today and putting one of the flyers we posted on the street poles last night on the fridge next to our family picture.


No comments: