This morning Wyatt and Garrett were acting strange. Strange in a conspiratory way. At 7:39 they approached me, arm in arm, twin to twin and said, "Mom, we've decided we're not going to school today."
Which is strange considering they rarely have to go to school anyway. In Hawaii they have 1-2 days off a week and if they don't have a day off, they get out early. But the DOE has added an extra 5 minutes to every school day so it evens out.
In fact they are out of school tomorrow. Don't ask me why. I just do what the state tells me to do. Luckily tonight we are FINALLY having their birthday sleepover so I replied:
"Okay, I'd love to have you stay home. I need help scrubbing the bathrooms anyway, so it couldn't be a more perfect day for you to stay home. But, shucks, we'll have to cancel your birthday sleepover."
They were out the door by 7:41 a.m.
So today will be spent preparing, out of love and guilt, for their shamefully belated birthday party. They want to watch Get Smart the movie, plus Get Smart season one (Sooo funny, that Maxwell Smart) and Kung Fu Panda. They want rootbeer floats and Doritos and Cheetos. Sounds managable. If I didn't have so much guilt I would have just taken them to Ice Palace and had the whole thing over within 3 hours, but no use crying over spilt milk.
Alan has no guilt whatsoever. He'll be spending the evening locked in the bedroom watching Dancing with the Stars.
Potato Salad Plagiarism
11 years ago

2 comments:
I just found your blog on Eric's blog. That is way too stinkin' cool that you have twin boys. I am deeply envious. It sounds like they love each other as much as Ted and I always have.
It's fun to see your family and all their interests.
Hi Deb! :D I love the way you handled the situation with your sons. I would have been like.. No! :D Get to school! LOLOL I like your way better! BTW you are tagged! LOLOL I got tagged by a friend so now I'm tagging you! :D Thanks in advance for participating! ;) You have to go to my blog for instructions. pacificwoman.blogspot.com it's also on my fb info. I am still getting used to blogging so I will be hitting you up for some tips like how did you get your photos on the side to be slideshows? :D Love your blog! I saw that young picture of you at Tatum's age... too cute! I hope you have a great week! <3 Siana
Post a Comment