It's Friday night and Zach is practicing Christmas songs on his trombone. Right in my ear.
I love it! It's the first year we've had a musician in the house for the holidays. My dream come true. In my next life I will not be a writer, or a domestic goddess, or a teacher, or a Relief Society President. I will be a HARD CORE ROCK STAR! With a shaka tattoo!
For now I will live vicariously through my kids.
The twins are watching Holes and drinking hot chocolate because it's pouring rain. I almost turned on the oven today to warm up, but our utilities bill gave me a heart attack this month so I refrained.
Tatum and Alan are on their way home from town. She had a soccer game. Or did I tell you the big news? Tatum made the varsity soccer team. As a freshman. She was so worried she wouldn't make the J.V. team that she never had time to worry that she wouldn't make the varsity team.
She played the whole entire game tonight and Alan had a smile in his voice when he said "She played great!" so I think she played great.
Tomorrow all the kids have their final tennis match of the season. It looks like both teams will go the the sectionals because we're in 1st and 2nd place. I will upload photos of the season this weekend. I'm determined to catch up before Thanksgiving so I can enjoy the Turkey and the pies without any lingering guilt (or belated guilt).
Alan has been asked to coach Kahuku Intermediate basketball team, which works out peachy for Zach since this is his first year to shine on the court. It's a whole new ball game now that our world revolves around high school sports.
I guess I can always blog my brains out.
I'm nearly finished teaching my classes for the semester. Only 50 pages of literature, 35 essays, 80 research papers and 40 finals left to go. Plus a bunch of miscelleny.
And I'm ducking becomes . . . look out!
HERE COME THE HOLIDAYS!
(And BLACK FRIDAY!) (YaY!)
Potato Salad Plagiarism
11 years ago

1 comment:
Well done Tatum!
I love listening to the kids play the piano and the violin. It is fun to hear! We are getting an iMac for christmas so Andrew can continue to pursue his music career. Can't wait to hear what he comes up with.
Hot chocolate in the rain. Ahh, sounds fun. While on my mission, we had a couple really cold days (in the 30s). I plopped down in front of the oven with my feet up on the door trying to warm up.
Sounds like they don't pay you enough. Whew, how can you do all that reading! I'm to lazy, I would write a program to do it.
by the way, my Ty Detmer story was 100% true!
'freri' That means there is a ferrari in my future.
Post a Comment